Future of Global Equity Investing
Will Low, Head of Global Equity
Duration: 1.53 minutes
This video has been prepared by Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd (Nikko AM). This material is issued in Australia by Nikko AM’s indirect subsidiary, Nikko AM Limited ABN 99 003 376 252, AFSL 237563 (Nikko AM Australia). To the extent that any statement in this video constitutes general advice under Australian law, the advice is provided by Nikko AM Australia. Nikko AM does not hold an AFS Licence. Nikko AM Australia is part of the Nikko AM Group.
The Global Equity investment strategy is centered around a disciplined team-based process to build portfolios of high conviction ideas across the globe.
- Key Characteristics Typically 40 – 60 stocks
- Benchmark agnostic: active share of 80 – 95%
- Style agnostic: pick conviction ideas, not styles in fashion
- Proprietary stock ranking tool
- Single team investment approach
The investment philosophy is driven by a bottom-up approach, of researching and identifying predicted outperforming companies. Weighting those with the greatest alpha potential in portfolios defines portfolio construction.
Investment Philosophy centered on:
- Identifying high conviction investment ideas
- Having notable active weights for all holdings
- Recognising that alpha potential varies between holdings
- Using a proprietary ranking tool to enable efficient team based portfolio construction
Average industry experience of the team is 18 years (as at October 2014). All members carry out a dual role of Portfolio Manager and Analyst, with a global sector approach.