Nikko AM Australian Bond Fund
Quarterly Fund Update - Q4 2016
James Alexander, Co-Head of Global Fixed Income & Head of Australian Fixed Income
The Fund aims to outperform the Bloomberg AusBond Composite 0 + YR Index over any three-year rolling period, before fees, expenses and taxes.
Strong and disciplined focus on risk
The fixed income team’s chief priorities are liquidity and risk control. If a security’s risk isn’t adequately priced in, the team simply won’t invest in it.
Managed using a multi-strategy approach
The fixed income team uses multiple strategies such as duration, curve positioning, sector rotation and credit, rather than one single strategy, allowing them to take advantage of opportunities in all parts of the fixed income market in all market conditions.
Managed by a highly experienced team
The fixed income team has an average of 22 years’ investment experience and a long track record in managing fixed income portfolios.
The Fund and team have received numerous high profile industry awards.
- Active, opportunistic & disciplined investment style
- Diversified across all Australian fixed income sectors
- Only invests in securities rated BBB- and above
- ‘Top-down’ value-adding process merged with ‘bottom-up’ quantitative portfolio construction and credit process
- Typically invests in 90-140 securities
- Modified duration of +/- 1.5 years
|Portfolio Manager||James Alexander|
|Inception Date||July 2000|
|Benchmark*||Bloomberg AusBond Composite 0 + YR Index|
|Management Cost||0.45% p.a.|
|Minimum initial investment**||$20,000|
|Minimum additional investment**||$1,000|
|Distribution frequency^||Quarterly following 30 September, 31 December, 31 March and 30 June|